Sunday 7 September 2014

Around the World Blog Hop !

'So, here we are on my stop for the Around The World Blog Hop ! For those of you who don't know me, my name is Kel, Mum to 3 Teenagers and I live in The New England Area of New South Wales Australia. Right now Spring has Sprung and the world seems full of possibilities and sewing!



My Lovely Friend Jan of  http://sewandsowfarm.blogspot.com.au tagged me for the Blog hop and I just wanted to say that I'm very Honoured that she thought of me. Jan has many beautiful projects going, one of which is my Favourite, the Lucy Boston Patchwork of the Crosses Quilt.




 She also has a Little Etsy Shop called Featherweight Quilt Co. 
Which can be found here - https://www.etsy.com/shop/FeatherweightQuiltCo?ref=si_shop

Sew, Ya'll as Jan would say, pop on over to her blog or her Etsy shop and see what this talented, gorgeous gal has been up to!


Onto the Juicy Stuff !

1. What am I working on? 
Answer......

Everything, lol !
Right now my main focus is Stonefields Quilt by Susan Smith and The Sundial Sampler by Karen Cunningham. They are the 2 main quilts that are getting most of my focus right now. 
However, and there's always a however, lol, I am also working on other quilts such as 
Gail Pans A Merry Christmas Garden BOM and Karen Cunninghams New BOM The Friendship Quilt. 
I don't like to attach rules to my hobby/passion as it kinda defeats the purpose of being creative! 
If I finish it great if I don't then hopefully I learnt something new while I was being captivated!






2. How does my work differ from others of its genre? 
Answer......

As Jan said on her blog, it's all about the individual! 
I like to think I'm quirky with a touch of old worldliness. I like florals and repro fabric first. I am definitely not Modern. I can do either dark or light colour ways, depending on my mood.  I'm a flowery girl with a touch of whimsy! I like to create, but am also equally challenged just by following along with a pattern. I love making someone else's quilt my own! Or inventing something completely new, And that's what makes me, me...

3. Why do I write/create what I do?
Answer.......

Because it keeps me sane! And that's the truth. I have always been creative. I play the piano and the drums, I Paint and draw, I sew and create.  I Can't remember back to a time when I wasn't making something or stitching up a storm.  I wouldn't want to live in a world if I wasn't excited every single night before bed, about what I had accomplished that day, and equally excited to awake the next morning and rearing to go again. Being creative is who I am and not just a single part. 
Ummm, I've  really been contemplating the need for sleep, lol, imagine how much extra stuff we could get done if we didn't sleep as much !

                                      

                                       

                                       

                                       

                                       


4. How does my writing/creating process work?
Answer......

I'm like a butterfly. I flit from flower to flower, never staying too long! Unless I'm completely captivated and then who knows! Stonefields is like that for me. It has me completely in her grips. 
We should do whatever makes us happy, life is way to short to settle for anything.

                                   
 

And now onto the next blog Hopper!
I emailed many, many ladies and I have to say..... 
Thank the Heavens for Carole of http://wheelsonthewarrandytebus.blogspot.com.au
I have been stalking Carole's blog for a long time now and am completely in love with 2 of her ongoing projects. Di fords wedding sampler quilt and Irene Blancks Auntie greens garden !




When is teal and pink a bad colour scheme? Never lol !!!

                                    

Auntie Greens Garden, just love it and it is on my list!
Carole will be posting to her blog around the 15 th Sept.  So don't forgot to stop on by!
http://wheelsonthewarrandytebus.blogspot.com.au


So Thankyou to Jan once again for tagging me. It's been fun and insightful!

And I just want to say a big Thankyou to all the ladies I have met and all the things I have learnt from you lovely gals. 
You will never know how much you all have taught me. 
Keep on sharing and stitching!

Kel x

9 comments:

  1. Great post Kel. I'm one of the waggers who didn't reply.......I think we all have that creativity in our veins and it's something that brings us all together. Carole is definitely a talented and inspirational stitcher too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kel for tagging me and for your kind words. You are certainly very creative and I agree that having to find time to sleep can be very annoying at times ;) I absolutely love your version of Stonefields but I can't look at it too much as it is just so tempting. You've also given me a bad case of design wall envy - as you see from my coat hangars and 'design wardrobe' for Aunty Green.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kel,great post and love all your work you are amazing.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post - and wonderful to see all the lovely projects on your design wall, and how creative you are in all areas! You picked a good tag with Carole - she is an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post, Kel - it was good to learn more about you. I've followed you for a while and have you on my blog list. Is that rosemaling on the two plates? Beautiful work. It's been fun getting to know more about you in the ATW hop. I did the same on Sept 1st. Love what you have on your design wall - is that flannel you're using. It holds the blocks well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post Kel! I didn't know you could paint! Beautifully too! I am a BIG fan of your applique work! So pretty! Thank you for sharing with us!
    xo jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you write again very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Really great effort. Everyone must read this article. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :)